Tuesday, September 23, 2008

$40 for 40 items of food



I am thrilled. I feel that today is a day of true savings and I have finally arrived at thrifty lol! I went to 2 stores and here is my break-down of purchases.



12 boxes of cereal=12.00!! Thank you to MoneySavingMom for this awesome tip. I read the add but for some reason I didnt see this deal. Buy 4 General Mills cereals for 11.00 and receive a gift card of 5.00. Net of 4/6 1.50 per box. I really was a good deal to start but it gets better. Oh and in case you are wondering this isnt for the 8 oz tiny boxes. These were 11.5 oz (Lucky Charms) to 16.5 boxes (Cocoa Puffs) and everything in between. The GOOD stuff!




Transaction #1 was for 4 boxes of Cheerios. I used 4 coupons for 1.00 off a box of Cheerios. Follow this link here and this one here. Print a coupon and then hit the back button to get a second one from each link. That will give you 4 coupons. So 2.75/box, 4 boxes, 4 coupons, total OOP=7.08 plus I got a 5.00 gift card.



So next transaction was a little different. It included a box of Kix and I had a coupon for 75 cents off. However, the Kix was priced at 2.99 (it was included in the gift certificate deal but not in the 4/11). But what was beter is that 2 of the other cereals (which ones I dont know) where marked down further to compete with competators. So I bought 4 boxes at 10.87, 75 cent coupon, used 5.00 GC from the first transaction, total OOP= 5.19



Transaction #3 4 more boxes 2 of which were 2.54 2 were 2.75. Used a coupon for 1.00 off 3 General Mills cereals. Then I used the 5.00 GC from trans action #2, total OOP= 4.65



Total at Target=16.92, and still one 5.00 gift card=Net of 11.92 WOW!

PS. I added 15.00 to the 5.00 card and I now have a gift for the birthday party we will attend on Friday.



This post is getting long. I will follow up with another for details on the rest of the food.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Can you tell me how you get this local Target to take your coupons? They NEVER scan when I print them and they refuse to take them. :(

Lisa said...

This time I went to the Target in Edwardsville. However, thankfully, all my printed coupons have scanned. I do know the policy at both Edwardsville & Alton is that if the coupon doesnt scan they wont take it. Maybe try a different printer? Sorry :(