Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kmart's Double Coupons

So I have been clipping coupons (other then diaper and formula) for just over a week now. I have been taking any I can get my hands on and trying hard to read tutorials and advise on how to use them to get the most for my money. There is a certain thrill that comes when you first start doing this. So, imagine my excitement when I opened the newspaper to: DOUBLE COUPONS at KMart! They will double coupons with a value of up to 2.00!! I was so thrilled I didnt sleep well.


I had to work a half day and then took my little guy to the doctor. That ment I had to drag two tired children with me to the store. My son slept most of the time in his car seat, but my DD was another story. She is almost 3 and, well, is a bit of a handful especially when tired. I bring this up because when my total rang up at the register I thought it seemed so extremely high. I was trying to wrangle my DD at the same time, so I wrote out my check. Thankfully, I did look over my recept right away and found that I was overcharged 21.00 on a can of formula! What I didnt find until I got home, however, is that it seems I did not receive credit for nearly 4.00 in coupons. That said, I did save almost 30.00 with my coupons. My total savings in sales and coupons was $74.88!!


My total came to 73.71 (after the adjustment). Here is what I received (listed with what the price should have been after coupons):
















Picture #1:

Huggies size 4 92 count, on sale for 20.00, 1.50 doubled= 17.00

Wonder Kids Birthday shirt (for DD 3rd B-day on the 23rd), free with purchase of the Huggies.

Luvs, size 6, count 66, 19.99, 2.00 Q doubled= 15.99

5 Gerber 2nd foods .69 each, 1.00 Q doubled= 1.45

4 Gerber 3rd foods .79 each, 1.00 Q doubled= 1.16

2 Gerber cereal boxes (8 oz ea) 1.79 each, 1.00 Q doubled= 1.58

Nestle Good Start Supreme Natural Cultures was 28.49 on clearance for 7.13





Picture #2:

Dora's Colgate for Kids, 2.49, $.75 Q doubled= 1.24

Crest whitening Citrus flavor & free mouth wash, 3.49, 2.00 coupon doubled= Free!

Garnier Shampoo and Conditioner, on sale 2 for 4, 1.00 Q doubled= 2.00

2 packs of Ziplock 5 count small square containers, sale 2/5.00, 1.50 off 2 doubled=2.00

Clorox Kitchen spray on sale 2.50, coupon $.75 doubled= 1.25

Glade Scented Oil Candles 5.99, coupon 2.00 doubled = 1.99

CoverGirl Liquid makeup base, on sale 2/6 (bought just one), coupon 1.00 doubled=1.00

2 Kraft Mac, 1.09 ea, coupon 1/2, doubled= $.18 (I know for sure now that this one I only got 1.09 off)

2 SnackPacks of pudding, on sale 10/10, coupon .75 off 2, doubled= .50




Picture #3

5 bottles of Xtra detergent, 72 oz each 5/10.00 no extra coupons. We use this everyday so it is a deal for me!

So, as you can see from my coupons and total that I should have saved about 4.00 more then I did. Lesson learned, watch as each coupon is scanned and be sure that each is scanning as it should. Dont be afraid to take their time.

Do you have a Kmart near you and want to join in the fun? Check out the following blog. It has all the details of the coupons and the list of participating stores:

http://www.commonsensewithmoney.com/2008/09/kmart-super-doubles-list-of.html


Happy saving!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Lisa, I noticed you're also from the IL/StL area, so I wanted to point you to my blog on cheap/free things to do in the StL metro area. Hope you find some of it useful! :)

Courtney

http://stlouiscents.blogspot.com

ellegirl said...

Yay for blogging! Looks like you got some good deals! Who's wearing size 6 diapers at your house???