Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The other 28 items




If you are in the St Louis area this entry with interest you. These deals were at Shop N Save. The deal is this= Purchase 25.00 worth of qualifying General Mill's products and receive 10.00 back for your next purchase. Check your local add or download one here for the list of qualifying products. It gets much better though. Most of these items are on sale this week at Shop N Save. Add that to coupons that were in 9/7 inserts and you have a TON of savings.

Here is the run down:

2 Pillsbury toaster strudels, on sale 5/10, 55 cents off two, 3.45
1 Yoplai Kids, on sale 4/10, 50 cent Q, 2.00
2 Betty Crocker Cookie Mix, sale 3/5, 2X40 cents off one, 2.54
1 Chex Mix, sale 2/5, 60 cent coupon, 1.90
2 Pillsbury cookie dough, sale 4/10, 1.00 off 2 q, 4.00
4 Betty Crocker fruit snacks, sale 3/5, 2x50 cents off 2, 5.68
1 Pillsbury crescent roll, sale 3/5, 25 cent coupon, 1.42

Total OOP= 26.02
**I asked if the total was before or after coupons and she thought after so I didnt risk it and put up enough to get 25 after coupons.**

I receive 10.00 in Rewards plus an additional 2.50 because I bought 4 boxes of Betty Crocker fruit snacks (I didnt know about that one!).

So my second transaction included things we needed and a couple of extras that I had thrown in incase my math from the above transaction was off. In the end I got everything in my cart.

3 Hamburger Helper on sale for .89 cents a box, .80 off 3 q, 1.87 (and BTW one box is usually over 2.00!)
1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce, on sale for 1.49 (this bit the dust at home this evening when the kids knocked it on the floor. *Sigh* at least it was free).
1 Package of Wonderbread Hamburger Buns, 1.88
1 Package of Spaghetti noodles, sale 1.00
2 Packages of Nestle Morsels, sale 2.17, 2x1.50/1 Q, 1.34
1 Pouch Betty Crocker Cookie Mix, 1.67
1 Yoplait Kids, 2.50
1 Vegetable Oil (need that for the cookie mixes!), 1.88

Total: 13.85, minus 10.00 from first transaction, minus 2.50 from first transaction, total OOP=1.35

Total at Shop N Save= 27. 37 for 28 items. Very cool!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good good good......

Dawn said...

I gotta' tell you that if I ever shopped as much as you do, I would run out of money for gas. I hope these stores are close together. We are too far away to do daily shopping, I have to try to line up the stops when we go out once in a while. When we live more in a city, it was easier to do what you are doing.

Mary said...

Hey! I just found your blog! I'm another couponer, temporarily living in Godfrey (DH is Army, stationed here), and it's probably YOU who's been hitting the CVS and Walgreens before me every week. lol Anyway, we'll be hitting S&S tomorrow for their no coupon Thursday, and doing the same deals basically. If you see a slightly frazzled mama with 4 young kids, that's me. :)

Mary said...

I did our Shop & Save today, using coupons and their "No Coupon Thursday", I bought $160 of groceries for $68. I went through checkout 3 times, each time with a little over $50, and each time they took off $10 as soon as the tally reached $50. I did the transaction you did, with the PB and BC. It worked great!

Lisa said...

Hi M! I promise it isnt me hitting CVS/Wags before you :). I am down near Bethalto and hit the ones down there. So glad you were able to get some of the great deals at Shop N Save. I usually avoid the 10 off 50 day but I need to try and get back in that game.